Thursday, December 30, 2010

Internet Killed My FM Radio

There is a saying that "Internet Killed The Television". Can't say it's true for me. However abundant amount of videos on the internet, there's still no replacement for my favourite local TV shows on the television. No, it's not killing my 42" LCD TV just yet.

I can't say the same for my FM radio though. The situation becomes more apparent with the introduction of connected devices like the iPhone, iPad and Android Phones which offer applications that provide radio programs over the Internet.

However, it still does not yet offer a complete user experience to radio listening if you are talking about listening to the radio programme through the mobile devices' small speakers. You will need a good speaker system for the sound output. But, optimal user experience is still not reached if you have to connect your device to the speakers via cables. So here, we shall employ the help of bluetooth AD2P feature for that wireless experience:



The WiFi Router can even be removed if your devices is on 3G network like the iPhone. The above setup is totally wireless in terms of connection to the mobile device. With this setup, the control is now in your hands and can be moved conveniently around the house within the bluetooth maximum connectivity distance, which basically covers the whole of my house.

2 comments:

  1. hey, should be iOS instead of iPad in the picture. :P
    MeRadio is another failure of its own success. It is stuttering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, probably should put iOS. But I was just illustrating the scenario that most applicable to me. I seldom use iPhone for Internet radio. I use iPad most of the time.

    ReplyDelete