Monday, March 21, 2011

My Anticipated iOS 5 Features - Part 3 - Standby Screen Clock

No, I'm not the only one around that don't wear a watch. When I'm away from my computer, I will rely on my handphone for the time. It is my watch.
I don't remember when I last wear a watch.

In pre-touchscreen handphone era, there's usually this clock display that appear every time you turn off the handphone screen. To view the time, you don't have to turn the set on. The time is there 24/7!

Since the advent of touchscreen handphone, the Clock Display suddenly disappears for unknown reasons! The ONLY touchscreen phone that I've used that sport a standby screen clock is the Palm Treo Pro. (It's still has the best Windows Mobile OS implementations, although the OS itself sucks big time!)



If Palm is able to put in on a touchscreen phone, I don't see why other manufacturers can't.

This standby screen clock is so handy and useful that I really think it should go in iOS 5.

Read also:
My Anticipated iOS 5 Features - Part 2 - "Beaming"
My Anticipated iOS 5 Features - Part 1 - USB Mass Storage

No comments:

Post a Comment