Wednesday, December 23, 2020

My Song of the Year - Homura by LiSA

J-Pop is Popular in the 90s

 I do not understand Japanese nor do I speak that.  But I do love Japanese Pop songs like many non Japanese speaking music lovers.

J-Pop was greatly popular in Singapore and Southeast Asia in the 90s before K-Pop (Korean Pop) took over.

I have not followed J-Pop for awhile until a year or so back as there are some really great Japanese songs.

Today, let's look at which song is one of the most popular J-Pop song today.

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train

This anime movie recently crossed the US$300m mark at the box office. I don't watch anime, but it's the song for the movie that caught my attention.




Homura by LiSA

The song for the movie is "Homura" by LiSA.  The music video was uploaded to YouTube 2 months ago and it has hit 100 million views at the beginning of this week. 

The rhythm of the song, the LiSA's excellent high notes and the music arrangement makes this song "The Song of the Year" for me.




The 100m Views Music Video

And so, here's the official music video:






No comments:

Post a Comment