Monday, July 15, 2013

The Hunt for the Best Portable Tablet Writer

Today, 14th July 2013, Microsoft slashes its ill-fated Surface RT tablet by as much as 30% (US$150) for the 16GB model.

This news is of utmost interest to me.  I've been hunting for the past weeks on a good bluetooth keyboard casing for my iPad 3rd Gen.

I've bought and tried this one as shown below.



I ditched it eventually due to its non-attached design, making it very clumsy to use.


I may not type alot on the iPad, but when I really need to type, e.g. for emailing or blogging, I would wish a hardware keyboard is there.

Then comes Microsoft Surface RT.  It looks sleek.  It is sleek.
With the "Touch Keyboard" or "Type Keyboard" attached, it's a perfect dream mobile writer for me.





I know I have to get it.  But with a price tag of Singapore Dollars $668 for the 16GB model and not including the keyboard, it's never a sound deal to make.  I'll wait.

The big news came 2 days ago when I read that Microsoft is slashing its RT price by US$150.  To convert to Singapore dollars, that's around S$180, thus making the 16GB model pricing at around S$480!

The new price has not been announced for Singapore market yet.  But at S$480, I will make the dash for it!

Can't wait!















No comments:

Post a Comment