Monday, February 11, 2013

I Like "I Dreamed A Dream"

I'm a fan of the talent show "Britain's Got Talent" since 2007.
That year, Paul Potts was the winner.

Two years later, an "auntie" came on to surprise the crowd and the world with the song "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables. She was Susan Boyle.

That was the first time I heard of that song.

Sometime later, I heard an original version from the Les Miserables musical sung by Ruthie Henshall.

While Susan Boyle's version is sweet, Ruthie Henshall's version is more "powerful" and emotional.

The latest version came with this year's screening of Les Miserables and sung by Anne Hathaway.

Her version is a bit "soft" and lack impact.

My personal preference, I really love the version by Ruthie Henshall the most and that powerful vocal and emotional feel it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment