Saturday, July 7, 2012

My First Nike+ Run with the iPod Nano

I've finally gone ahead to get myself the iPod Nano 6th Gen to replace my ageing Nike+ Sportband.



For the first since I first bought my previous Nike+ Sportband, I do not have to do the extra chore of putting the Nike+ transponder piece in my Nike shoe's insole!




The iPod Nano 6th Gen is using the built-in accelerometer to do the steps measurement.



To run with the device, it's best used with a wrist strap designed for the iPod Nano.

I haven't got myself one yet.  So, for this run, I've got to hold the device in my hand while I ran throughout the whole distance.

As this is the first run, I expect the running timing to be out of accuracy as the the first calculation is based on my input height and weight.  For this, the device provides a "calibration" function at the end of a run.

So, I ran for my regular known distance of 2.4km so that I can do a good calibration.

Just as expected, the result was a way-out 2.91km.
I made a calibration to adjust the final distance to 2.4km.

Here's the screenshot of my first ever run result with the iPod Nano 6th Gen.


I'm happy with the device.

No comments:

Post a Comment