Friday, October 7, 2011

iPhone Upgrade vs Samsung Upgrade

What makes upgrading from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S less special than from Samsung Galaxy S2 to Samsung Nexus Prime?

I prefer to think it the other way round.

This is based on my personal usage of smartphone.
For me, iPhone 4S provides a lot more wanted features over iPhone 4 compared to that of Samsung Nexus Prime over Samsung Galaxy S2.

First, screen size.
The Nexus Prime has a bigger screen size at 4.65".
Do I need that much screen estate?
I'm currently using the 4.3" screen size Galaxy S2.
Yes, I would love that kind of bigger screen. However, I prefer to have a "palm-size" friendly phone which I can message without awkwardness with one hand. That I'm struggling with the 4.3". 4.65" is really beyond extreme.
For this, I would go for iPhone for the screen size.





Second, software:
I don't see any killer apps mentioned in the Nexus Prime that you cannot have in Galaxy S2.
I do see and impressed with the Siri voice recognition and control capability of the iPhone 4S that will not be in iPhone 4. And this may be what I need and will be using. I'm seeing this very useful when I drive on the road. Currently, I have make use of the stop at road junction red light to do a quick SMS texting.



Yes, I would sell my current Galaxy S2 for the iPhone 4S come 28th October 2011 when it comes to Singapore.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad -

No comments:

Post a Comment